Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Honey, I'm HOME

Since I've done this blog before, I'll summarize my homes I've had quickly. LaMoille was basically a slightly farther north version of Washburn....so it was obviously pretty awesome...but that's where I grew up, spent 18 quality years, and still consider home. My second home was the Quad Cities & Augustana College, and now my weirdo little sister goes there too, so it's pretty cool, but 4 years there doesn't make it feel like home as much as LaMoille or Washburn. Well, I guess this is my 4th year living in Washburn, but it's so much like LaMoille that I definitely already consider it home. And a great home at that because of all the awesome students we have around here, especially all them juniors and seniors! You've got the country music fans, like Sophia with her love of any good ole Kenny and Shania songs and Garber with her top notch country parody writing ability. You've got the true ballers, like Uncle Evan & Uncle Jake that teach all the youngbloods how to drop dimes and get buckets. There are kids that accept their awesome, yet obnoxious, nicknames, like Hayley Seahorse Egner. You have the seniors that always top the family rankings, like McMurtrey #1 & Warnkes #1. Of course you have the hippest girl who is just good at everything even with 3 shattered ankles, such as Madison Mad-Baller bow-an-Darrow. And finally, you have the class clown that dresses like a clown even when everyone is deathly afraid of clowns, just like Konnar Keefer. So, yeah Washburn is home & it rules. Don't hate on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment